Thursday, October 9, 2008

An Awesome Birthday!!


Well I have to say I had such a wonderful Birthday this year! I woke up to a nice birthday breakfast made by Jason. How cute he tried to make buscuits and gravy. I was also surprised by a minivan covered with 4,000 post it notes! Yep the "Evil Soccer Moms" attatcked. It was so hilarious and certailny made me chuckle. Especially when a women drove up and took a picture! LOL! What a great morning but it seem as if the stars and planets were certainly aligned for us that night. As I last wrote my friend Ronni got tickets for us to go in and see Rachael Ray. Yay a day in the city! I have never been to a live taping of a talk show. It was really an intresting experience. After waiting in line forever and almost not getting in things started to smooth out. As we were walking through a little room that we were herded into I was pulled aside by a girl with a clipboard in hand. Uh....now what? She asked me if I would be interested in going on stage with Rachel today. ummm let me think....YEAH! ha ha so she was trying to discuss the topic with me and this annoying women kept interrrupting yelling out "I'll EAt IT" ha h so she was getting annoyed and took me through the back doors. I passed my three friends who were I know saying " oh no what is she doing now!" HA HA I was taken back to sign papers and was introduced to the whole crew. So cool. I was told that I would be tasting two dishes. One prepared by Rachael and one by a woman who buys all of her ingredients from the 99 cent store. Hmm ok this sounded fun! Dude! I was going to be with Rachael. So then I was taken back to get my hair and makeup done. How freakin cool considering I looked out the door and saw that Olivia Newton John's dressing room was right across the hall from me. I got along well with the crew! They were all so nice. I then had to get the mic. on and head out to the set so they could tell me what I was going to do and all that good stuff. Nope I wasn't nervous as some know I am not too shy! I couldn't wait. Not to mention once they got all of us in our seats they had a great comedian, RC SMITH getting the crowd loosened up and ready to go. Finally the show started and Rachael came out. What a cute and bubbly person she is. Olivia Newton John was also great. I hope I look as good as she does when I get to be her age! So I am waiting waiting waiting and then it was time. The makeup artist came over for a final glossing of the lips. Rachael yelled out"hurry up she looks beautiful!" "I don't want this food to get cold" "Amanda you don't know wich dish is wich RIGHT?" HA I was then starting to feel the nerves. 3-2-1 we started ahhhhh. All I heard was Racheal say we have a guest who will be testing today, Amanda come on up! AHHHH! HA HA H So seriously I I almost choked when I saw that there were two steaks there and I had to cut them before I ate them ahhh ! LOL! It was hilarious. So I hope I didn't look too much like a dork ha hah ! WE shall see. But it was done and I could finally sit with my friends who had 2nd row seats. I was a bit more relaxed. We got a second unexpected treat for the day. They let us stay for a second taping of a show in wich Robbin Roberts was on. She is an amazing person as well. It was about 6:30 and all I had eaten was two bites of steak! H AH I was so ready to go to Southern Hospitality to have my fried green tomatoes and fried pickles and a nice drink of Jack! The restrant was small but the food in my opinion was great! I love anything fried and who can pass up pulled pork with some bourbon. Yep that is what the midwest did to me...I love it! The girls and I had a nice time and sucked down the drinks rather quickly. Too bad we had to stop. After all it was a school night! HA HA! I couldn't have asked for a better day! I am once again truly blessed with great friends and a lovely family! Now I have to throw a Rachael Ray Party with my friends and the daughters so we can all chuckle at me trying to cut that freakin steak! LOL!

1 comment:

soulspeak23 said...

woohoo, your TV debut!
And Happy Belated Birthday!