Friday, September 12, 2008

A crisp fall morning

What a beautiful morning! For those who know me know that I absolutely love the fall. I woke up this morning at a very early hour to see my husband out the door for his weekend journey. Not only was I groggy from the early waking but I was feeling a bit ill. Both my sons are a bit sick right now and I have a feeling that they have once again decided to share with mommy. After making breakfast,packing a lunch and sending my daughter off to school i equipped the boys with a cozy blanket and a fun movie downstairs. Ahhh now it was time for me to have a cup of coffee! There is nothing like sitting outside having a good cup o joe. My friend Emily can relate to this. She and I are both early risers and are looking forward to having this time next week to sit out on the balcony and ahve coffee together. Living 780 miles away from eachother this will be a special moment. sorry got off on a tangent. Anyway, while sitting outside it was so nice to be able to collect my thoughts and figure out what comes next. I am a huge fan of planning. If you don't have a plan or a direction, then what are you doing in life? You may end up running in circles. I had originally planned to go back to school this fall to complete a degree in Physical therapy. I already have the majority of the credits done. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my little guy into the program there until the spring semester in Jan. So, ok! This gives me a little time to fix things around here and do a little something for myself. For example...drinking coffee on my patio, watching the cardinal eat from the bird feeder and feeling the cool crisp fall breeze. Simple moments like this that some may think to be humdrum! But I cannot expect everyone to enjoy the things that I do, we may just simply be on a different page in life. I have learned to never try to change something that you like because it might not be as flashy or as catchy as something else, but I simply know to be happy with what I like because it is me. Sometimes it is helpful to look at both sides of things and usually good can come from both. Wow!! I like this. I can just ramble for hours LOL!!! But I will end this one with a list of the SIMPLE things that I love in life.

Fall mornings
a warm cup of coffee
watching my kids play soccer
Fishing and camping
A good chick flick...sweet home alabama
A hug from my babies
A good drive in movie
Taking a drive to see the fall foliage
Going To a fun Raw bar out East
Finding Unique shops in small towns
Girls trips
Wine tasting
A good venting chat with a best friend
Crisp clean sheets
making a candle light dinner from scratch
romping through a pumkin patch
eating roasted corn
Haunted houses
A nice hot Bonfire
A Friday night football game in my hometown
.........see simple things

No comments: